Sefapiano, sire of 22 stakes winners, died Jan. 2 of a heart attack at Daniel Chicola's Landlock Equine Center near Coushatta, La.
A good-sized crowd of local breeders and owners, pinhookers, and curiosity seekers showed up for the first session of the inaugural New York Breeders' Sales Co.'s yearling sale Thursday night. The sale, which had a county fair-like atmosphere, was conducted under blue-and-white-striped tents at the Yaddo show grounds near Saratoga Race Course.
Istintaj, a son of Nureyev and multiple grade III winner on the dirt, will stand his first season at Hartley/De Renzo Walmac South near Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky to Tackle Drug Compounder Concerns
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Nebraska Court to Decide on Instant Racing
- Indiana Proposes Emergency Cobalt Threshold
- Minnesota-Breds Featured at Canterbury
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: Woodward Stakes
- Will Wise Dan Triumph in the Bernard Baruch?
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens