Top-ranked New Zealand jockey Matthew Cameron added the New Zealand One Thousand Guineas (NZ-I) to his record Nov. 14 when bringing Risque from far back for victory at Riccarton Park.
Unbeaten filly Recite kept her record perfect with a clear win in the $225,000 The Oaks Stud Manawatu Sires' Produce Stakes (NZ-I), New Zealand's richest race for 2-year-olds, March 30.
Australian businessman Dick Karreman has purchased The Oaks Stud in New Zealand and will stand Our Emblem's full brother, Traditionally, there during the southern hemisphere season.
Most Popular Stories
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut