The Portland Meadows meet, which looked for a time like it might be canceled, is scheduled to kick off Oct. 5, despite ongoing issues in Oregon.
A July 21 mediation session with a member of the Oregon Racing Commission yielded no agreement in a standoff between TVG and Portland Meadows on source-market fees, although progress was reported.
Oregon horsemen claim they are caught in the middle of a battle between TVG and Magna Entertainment Corp. over source-market fees, a dispute they claim could jeopardize this year's Portland Meadows fall meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile