Tadwiga, a 12-year-old mare by Fairy King in foal to Consolidator, was purchased by Eugenio Colombo, agent, for $170,000 to top the first Consignor Preferred session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2007 Winter Mixed Sale Wednesday, Jan. 17.
Glen Hill Farm's Indy Groove led from flag fall to finish en route to a 4 ½-length victory in $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) with Mark Guidry aboard on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Graded stakes winner Miss Terrible tops a field of seven fillies and mares drawn for Saturday's $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park. The Argentine-bred mare will carry high weight of 118 under jockey Eusebio Razo Jr. The pair will break from post four.
Most Popular Stories
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases
- Louies Flower Blooms in Springboard Mile