Gross sales rose dramatically during the Tattersalls December Mare sale due to a strong Bloomsbury Stud dispersal and two mares that sold for more than 1 million guineas each.
Renowned equine photojournalist Barbara D. Livingston is recording her Saratoga summer in pictures and words in the Saratoga Photo Diary feature currently running on Bloodhorse.com.
One thing the cool nights have brought is the coffee table book haze that hangs over the track during morning workouts.
In the time that it took to walk four blocks from Saratoga Race Course to a computer after the races on Thursday, twenty-nine Todd Pletcher bobblehead dolls were listed on eBay and two more had already been sold for a "Buy Now" price that was four times the $3 cost of grandstand admission that qualified you for one.
Starting Tuesday, Jan. 1, bloodhorse.com will publish daily installments of the award-winning "Country Life Diary."
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale