According to Dr. Alan J. Nixon of Cornell University, veterinarians might be able to treat horses with injuries to their superficial digital flexor tendons (SDFTs) effectively by injecting stem cells directly into the injured tendon using cells that were harvested and expanded from the horse's own bone marrow.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test