Jerry Bailey won his second consecutive stakes on the Kentucky Derby Day card, winning the Citgo Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIIT) aboard Stylish. In the previous race, he won the Three Chimneys Juvenile aboard Holiday Runner.
A compact field for middle-distance turf mares are assembling for Saturday's $100,000 Citgo Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIIT). Trainer Tom Amoss has the red-hot La Recherche among the possible starters off her three wins in her last four starts. La Recherche exits a 2 3/4-length victory in Lone Star Park's Irving Distaff. She was an allowance winner over the Churchill lawn last winter.
Tranquility Lake set easy fractions on the Hollywood Park turf course and edged away from Dianehill in the stretch to win the $108,600 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) in her 2001 debut Sunday.
Jockey Eddie Delahoussaye completed a sweep of the two stakes races at Santa Anita Sunday when he piloted 9-10 favorite Go Go to a two-length win in the $109,500 Las Cienegas (gr. IIIT). Earlier on the card, the veteran rider guided 3-year-old Trailthefox to a one-length win as the 3-5 favorite in the $105,800 Zany Tactics Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding