Elizabeth Moran's grade I winner Mushka has been retired from racing because of an ankle issue and booked to Distorted Humor.
Interference in deep stretch cost Juddmonte Farms a chance to win their own race, as their English homebred Proviso crossed the wire first in the $500,000 Juddmonte Spinster (gr. I) but was disqualified for veering out sharply inside the sixteenth-pole. The disqualification gave the victory to Brushwood Stable's Mushka, who crossed the wire second by 2 1/4 lengths, but likely would have gone by Proviso had her path not been impeded.
Brushwood Stable's Mushka took over approaching the quarter-pole, opened a clear lead in the stretch, and held on for a 1 1/4-length victory in the $110,500 Glen Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sept. 7 at Saratoga.
Diane and Guy Snowden's Edgewood Stakes winner Solar Bound has been retired due to a severe episode of pulmonary bleeding during an allowance race at Churchill Downs on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Set for Pa. Derby Comeback
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- That Handicapping Show: Travers Stakes
- Second Sporting Art Auction in November
- Handicapping a Fantastic Travers Day
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition