Elizabeth Moran's grade I winner Mushka has been retired from racing because of an ankle issue and booked to Distorted Humor.
Interference in deep stretch cost Juddmonte Farms a chance to win their own race, as their English homebred Proviso crossed the wire first in the $500,000 Juddmonte Spinster (gr. I) but was disqualified for veering out sharply inside the sixteenth-pole. The disqualification gave the victory to Brushwood Stable's Mushka, who crossed the wire second by 2 1/4 lengths, but likely would have gone by Proviso had her path not been impeded.
Brushwood Stable's Mushka took over approaching the quarter-pole, opened a clear lead in the stretch, and held on for a 1 1/4-length victory in the $110,500 Glen Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sept. 7 at Saratoga.
Diane and Guy Snowden's Edgewood Stakes winner Solar Bound has been retired due to a severe episode of pulmonary bleeding during an allowance race at Churchill Downs on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares