The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's sixth annual fund-raisin party held Monday night at the Saratoga Golf and Polo Club exceeded al expectations as 450 guests attended for a chance to bid on unique experiences, stallion seasons, not to mention helping a good cause while having a great time.
John Stuart, who served as president of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation from 1998 until this summer, was honored Nov 15 with the TRF Champions Award.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation raised more than $500,000 at its annual gala, held Monday. Aug. 4, at the Saratoga Golf & Polo Club. The bulk of the money, a record amount for the event, was raised through separate live auctions, one for season options to breed to select stallions, the other for "unique experiences."
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial