The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's sixth annual fund-raisin party held Monday night at the Saratoga Golf and Polo Club exceeded al expectations as 450 guests attended for a chance to bid on unique experiences, stallion seasons, not to mention helping a good cause while having a great time.
John Stuart, who served as president of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation from 1998 until this summer, was honored Nov 15 with the TRF Champions Award.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation raised more than $500,000 at its annual gala, held Monday. Aug. 4, at the Saratoga Golf & Polo Club. The bulk of the money, a record amount for the event, was raised through separate live auctions, one for season options to breed to select stallions, the other for "unique experiences."
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double