The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's sixth annual fund-raisin party held Monday night at the Saratoga Golf and Polo Club exceeded al expectations as 450 guests attended for a chance to bid on unique experiences, stallion seasons, not to mention helping a good cause while having a great time.
John Stuart, who served as president of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation from 1998 until this summer, was honored Nov 15 with the TRF Champions Award.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation raised more than $500,000 at its annual gala, held Monday. Aug. 4, at the Saratoga Golf & Polo Club. The bulk of the money, a record amount for the event, was raised through separate live auctions, one for season options to breed to select stallions, the other for "unique experiences."
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC