The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's sixth annual fund-raisin party held Monday night at the Saratoga Golf and Polo Club exceeded al expectations as 450 guests attended for a chance to bid on unique experiences, stallion seasons, not to mention helping a good cause while having a great time.
John Stuart, who served as president of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation from 1998 until this summer, was honored Nov 15 with the TRF Champions Award.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation raised more than $500,000 at its annual gala, held Monday. Aug. 4, at the Saratoga Golf & Polo Club. The bulk of the money, a record amount for the event, was raised through separate live auctions, one for season options to breed to select stallions, the other for "unique experiences."
Most Popular Stories
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site