The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's sixth annual fund-raisin party held Monday night at the Saratoga Golf and Polo Club exceeded al expectations as 450 guests attended for a chance to bid on unique experiences, stallion seasons, not to mention helping a good cause while having a great time.
John Stuart, who served as president of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation from 1998 until this summer, was honored Nov 15 with the TRF Champions Award.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation raised more than $500,000 at its annual gala, held Monday. Aug. 4, at the Saratoga Golf & Polo Club. The bulk of the money, a record amount for the event, was raised through separate live auctions, one for season options to breed to select stallions, the other for "unique experiences."
Most Popular Stories
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- TCA Appoints Five New Directors
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell