The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's sixth annual fund-raisin party held Monday night at the Saratoga Golf and Polo Club exceeded al expectations as 450 guests attended for a chance to bid on unique experiences, stallion seasons, not to mention helping a good cause while having a great time.
John Stuart, who served as president of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation from 1998 until this summer, was honored Nov 15 with the TRF Champions Award.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation raised more than $500,000 at its annual gala, held Monday. Aug. 4, at the Saratoga Golf & Polo Club. The bulk of the money, a record amount for the event, was raised through separate live auctions, one for season options to breed to select stallions, the other for "unique experiences."
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak