The Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders announced Marylou Whitney's Dear Birdie has been chosen 2004 Kentucky Broodmare of the Year.
Diane Perkin's B.A. Way rallied to victory in the $200,000 Caesar Rodney Handicap at Delaware Park Saturday.
La Gueriere, a grade I winner who produced multiple graded winner Lasting Approval, brought the top price of $610,000 during Diane Perkins' Wimborne Farm dispersal Saturday.
Two men and a partnership each bought a part of the 416-acre nucleus that was Diane Perkins' Wimborne Farm, near Paris, Ky., on Friday. The total price of the three parcels was $1,167,566.
The 416-acre nucleus of Wimborne Farm, near Paris, Ky., sold in three separate tracts for $1,167,566 in an absolute auction conducted Friday by Tom Biederman.
Buyers interested in Diane Perkins Wimborne Farm dispersal can get an early look of the consignment on Starquine.com.
Central Kentucky horsewoman Diane Perkins, who raced such top performers as Lord At War and La Gueriere, will be dispersing her breeding stock by auction July 13 at her Wimborne Farm near Paris, Ky
Most Popular Stories
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Woobine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study