The Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders announced Marylou Whitney's Dear Birdie has been chosen 2004 Kentucky Broodmare of the Year.
Diane Perkin's B.A. Way rallied to victory in the $200,000 Caesar Rodney Handicap at Delaware Park Saturday.
La Gueriere, a grade I winner who produced multiple graded winner Lasting Approval, brought the top price of $610,000 during Diane Perkins' Wimborne Farm dispersal Saturday.
Two men and a partnership each bought a part of the 416-acre nucleus that was Diane Perkins' Wimborne Farm, near Paris, Ky., on Friday. The total price of the three parcels was $1,167,566.
The 416-acre nucleus of Wimborne Farm, near Paris, Ky., sold in three separate tracts for $1,167,566 in an absolute auction conducted Friday by Tom Biederman.
Buyers interested in Diane Perkins Wimborne Farm dispersal can get an early look of the consignment on Starquine.com.
Central Kentucky horsewoman Diane Perkins, who raced such top performers as Lord At War and La Gueriere, will be dispersing her breeding stock by auction July 13 at her Wimborne Farm near Paris, Ky
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays