Ever-popular The Pizza Man, winner of last year's Arlington Million (gr. IT), returns to Churchill Downs for the June 18 Wise Dan Stakes (gr. IIT). The race goes under the lights with an approximate post of 9:05 p.m.
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders announced Marylou Whitney's Dear Birdie has been chosen 2004 Kentucky Broodmare of the Year.
Diane Perkin's B.A. Way rallied to victory in the $200,000 Caesar Rodney Handicap at Delaware Park Saturday.
La Gueriere, a grade I winner who produced multiple graded winner Lasting Approval, brought the top price of $610,000 during Diane Perkins' Wimborne Farm dispersal Saturday.
Two men and a partnership each bought a part of the 416-acre nucleus that was Diane Perkins' Wimborne Farm, near Paris, Ky., on Friday. The total price of the three parcels was $1,167,566.
The 416-acre nucleus of Wimborne Farm, near Paris, Ky., sold in three separate tracts for $1,167,566 in an absolute auction conducted Friday by Tom Biederman.
Buyers interested in Diane Perkins Wimborne Farm dispersal can get an early look of the consignment on Starquine.com.
Central Kentucky horsewoman Diane Perkins, who raced such top performers as Lord At War and La Gueriere, will be dispersing her breeding stock by auction July 13 at her Wimborne Farm near Paris, Ky
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Ectot Stuns Flintshire in Hirsch Turf Classic
- Bullet Train Gets First Stakes Winner
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- 'Alice' Wins Sun Chariot, BC Might Be Next
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Quest For More Rallies From Last in Cadran