Ever-popular The Pizza Man, winner of last year's Arlington Million (gr. IT), returns to Churchill Downs for the June 18 Wise Dan Stakes (gr. IIT). The race goes under the lights with an approximate post of 9:05 p.m.
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders announced Marylou Whitney's Dear Birdie has been chosen 2004 Kentucky Broodmare of the Year.
Diane Perkin's B.A. Way rallied to victory in the $200,000 Caesar Rodney Handicap at Delaware Park Saturday.
La Gueriere, a grade I winner who produced multiple graded winner Lasting Approval, brought the top price of $610,000 during Diane Perkins' Wimborne Farm dispersal Saturday.
Two men and a partnership each bought a part of the 416-acre nucleus that was Diane Perkins' Wimborne Farm, near Paris, Ky., on Friday. The total price of the three parcels was $1,167,566.
The 416-acre nucleus of Wimborne Farm, near Paris, Ky., sold in three separate tracts for $1,167,566 in an absolute auction conducted Friday by Tom Biederman.
Buyers interested in Diane Perkins Wimborne Farm dispersal can get an early look of the consignment on Starquine.com.
Central Kentucky horsewoman Diane Perkins, who raced such top performers as Lord At War and La Gueriere, will be dispersing her breeding stock by auction July 13 at her Wimborne Farm near Paris, Ky
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Purely a Dream Leads Bourbonette Exacta for McPeek
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate