Eldaafer got the nod in a photo finish Sept. 2 at Parx Racing, nosing out Indian Jones for victory in the $200,000 Greenwood Cup (gr. III). The 8-year-old gelding is best known for his win in the 2010 Breeders' Cup Marathon.
A post-race fight between jockey Calvin Borel and rider Javier Castellano upstaged the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. III), the first race on the Nov. 5 Breeders' Cup World Championship card at Churchill Downs.
Eldaafer, a starter in the Breeders' Cup Marathon a year ago, could be on his way back to the World Championship event once again thanks to his half-length score in the Turfway Park Fall Championship Stakes (gr. III).
Eldaafer and Nite Light, separated by only a nose in last month's Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II), will meet again July 18, this time with a Breeders' Cup berth on the line. The older horses will square off in the $250,000 Greenwood Cup at Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North