Thanks in large part to the $58,000 celebrity chef Bobby Flay spent on options to breed to two of the sport's top stallions, the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation raised in excess of $500,000 Aug. 7 at its annual gala at the Saratoga Golf and Polo Club.
Two retired Thoroughbreds are among the first Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation horses set to return to their birthplaces under a TRF initiative to include breeders in the care and expenditures involved in taking care of the more than 1,300 retired horses under the organization's care.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award