When you have a horse at the top of his game, seize the moment and have some fun, says trainer Bob Baffert. With an Eclipse Award as top sprinter all but a certainty, Midnight Lute looks to add to his laurels in the $300,000 Hill 'n' Dale Cigar Mile (gr.I) at Aqueduct Nov. 24.
Ken McPeek-trained Kansas City Boy, runner-up in the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III), turned in a five-furlong breeze Feb. 28 at Gulfstream Park in preparation for Saturday's $300,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II).
The Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) is history, and all the race did was pretty much complicate matters. Afleet Alex, Sun King, Roman Ruler and company still look legitimate, despite being upset by Euro invader Wilko. Now it's time to brace for the post Breeders' Cup wave that is about to unleash some new, exciting prospects for next spring's classics.
Consolidator justified his $1.25 million sale price with an impressive performance in winning the $500,000 Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Kinsman Stable's Bellamy Road, winner of the Miller Genuine Draft Cradle Stakes (gr. III) at River Downs last month, drew post 3 for Saturday's Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland.
The first three finishers in the River Downs' Miller Genuine Draft Cradle Stakes (gr. III)--Bellamy Road, Diamond Isle, and Scipion--are slated to meet again Saturday in Keeneland's $400,000 Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I). The Breeders' Futurity, along with the Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT) highlight day two of Keeneland's Fallstars Allstars weekend.
Bellamy Road went wire-to-wire and pulled a minor upset Monday in the Miller Genuine Draft Cradle Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at River Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Industry Asks for H-2B Visa Program Support