Siren Lure, carrying top weight of 122 pounds, seeks his fourth consecutive win in Saturday's $100,000 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) at about 6 ½ furlongs on Santa Anita's hillside turf course.
Rock Hard Ten makes his debut as a 4-year-old Saturday against a quality field in the $300,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park.
Potential handicap star Rock Hard Ten remains on course for Saturday's $300,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park, but stablemate Minister Eric will not run, trainer Richard Mandella said Wednesday.
This is the fourth in a series of early looks at next year's potential Derby horses. Although we're nearing December, Bob Baffert still has no idea what kind of hand he's been dealt. In fact, he has already drawn a new card from the deck.
Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I) hopeful Congaree worked a bullet half-mile in :45 4/5 over Santa Anita's fast main track Thursday morning.
Diamond Fury, at $2.7 million the most expensive 2-year-old in training ever purchased at public auction, was third in his debut at Del Mar Saturday, a 5½-furlong maiden special weight event.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze