Siren Lure, carrying top weight of 122 pounds, seeks his fourth consecutive win in Saturday's $100,000 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) at about 6 ½ furlongs on Santa Anita's hillside turf course.
Rock Hard Ten makes his debut as a 4-year-old Saturday against a quality field in the $300,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park.
Potential handicap star Rock Hard Ten remains on course for Saturday's $300,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park, but stablemate Minister Eric will not run, trainer Richard Mandella said Wednesday.
This is the fourth in a series of early looks at next year's potential Derby horses. Although we're nearing December, Bob Baffert still has no idea what kind of hand he's been dealt. In fact, he has already drawn a new card from the deck.
Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I) hopeful Congaree worked a bullet half-mile in :45 4/5 over Santa Anita's fast main track Thursday morning.
Diamond Fury, at $2.7 million the most expensive 2-year-old in training ever purchased at public auction, was third in his debut at Del Mar Saturday, a 5½-furlong maiden special weight event.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff
- Inglis Reports Productive Four-Day Auction
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star