Calder's $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles drew an overflow field of 17, with 12 to start in Saturday's race.
Seven imports were entered for Sunday's $750,000 E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-I) for fillies and mares on the same Woodbine card as the Pattison Canadian International (Can-I).
Inish Glora indulged in a little grandstand gazing in the final strides of the $309,000 Canadian Stakes (Can-II), but all eyes were on the bay when she crossed the wire first in the (about) 1 1/8-mile turf event at the Toronto oval on Sunday.
Skymarc Farm's Madeira Mist and jockey Patrick Husbands outfought First Quarter and Na Somsanith in the final jumps to win a thrilling renewal of the $171,750 Dance Smartly Stakes (Can-III) by a scant nostril Saturday at Woodbine.
She's had just two starts in 18 months and hasn't raced at all in 2003, but jockey David Clark thinks the 6-year-old mare Diadella can still be a factor in Saturday's $171,750 Dance Smartly Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine.
The $284,250 Canadian Stakes (gr. IIT) was a picture-perfect win for Calista and jockey Corey Nakatani, who nosed out a fighting Diadella and Todd Kabel in an epic tete-a-tete duel for fillies and mares at Woodbine on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act