In a settlement with the Indiana Horse Racing Commission, trainer Randy Haffner will serve at least a 45-day suspension for 2015 violations in Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse races at Indiana Grand Racing and Casino.
After eliminating a backlog of drug testing samples from Thoroughbred races, the Indiana Horse Racing Commission announced a long list of sanctions levied against trainers from Aug. 1 through the end of October.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium has approved minimum withdrawal time recommendations for corticosteroids based on recently completed work partially funded by RMTC.
- By Jack Shinar
The doctor treating sprint champion Lost in the Fog for cancerous tumors said Friday that the colt has "a reasonable chance" of reducing them to a size that's conducive for chemotherapy or surgery.
The Louisiana State Racing Commission has disqualified Rapid Proof from his win in the March 19 Mervin Muniz Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) at Fair Grounds as a result of a positive test for dexamethasone, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut