In a settlement with the Indiana Horse Racing Commission, trainer Randy Haffner will serve at least a 45-day suspension for 2015 violations in Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse races at Indiana Grand Racing and Casino.
After eliminating a backlog of drug testing samples from Thoroughbred races, the Indiana Horse Racing Commission announced a long list of sanctions levied against trainers from Aug. 1 through the end of October.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium has approved minimum withdrawal time recommendations for corticosteroids based on recently completed work partially funded by RMTC.
- By Jack Shinar
The doctor treating sprint champion Lost in the Fog for cancerous tumors said Friday that the colt has "a reasonable chance" of reducing them to a size that's conducive for chemotherapy or surgery.
The Louisiana State Racing Commission has disqualified Rapid Proof from his win in the March 19 Mervin Muniz Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) at Fair Grounds as a result of a positive test for dexamethasone, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother