Dawn Approach remained unbeaten and solidified his credentials as Europe's leading 2-year-old with a clear win the Dubai Dewhurst Stakes (Eng-I) Oct. 13 at Newmarket.
Prince Khalid Abdullah's Frankel enhanced his already glowing reputation when he stormed home to take the Dubai Dewhurst Stakes (Eng-I) by 2 1/4-lengths at Newmarket Oct. 16.
Dubai, one of the seven United Arab Emirates, will sponsor the group I Dewhurst Stakes, it was announced Aug. 25. The race will be run Oct. 16 at Newmarket in England.
The Henry Cecil-trained Twice Over captured the final European leg of the Breeders' Cup Challenge on Champions' Day at Newmarket on Oct. 17, winning the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes (Eng-I)and earning a possible berth in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Sir Percy kept his undefeated record intact with a hard-fought neck victory over favored Horatio Nelson in the Darley Dewhurst Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday.
There are 40 horses going forward for the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes, this year carrying £400,000 in prize money, and 40 juveniles remaining in the season's top 2-year-old event, the £230,000 Darley Dewhurst Stakes. Both races are group I events.
Longshot Tout Seul rallied from last to take Saturday's Group I Dewhurst Stakes for 2-year-olds at Newmarket, defeating Tomahawk by a length and a quarter.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Orb Colt Lives Up to Buzz Selling For $710,000
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont