Dawn Approach remained unbeaten and solidified his credentials as Europe's leading 2-year-old with a clear win the Dubai Dewhurst Stakes (Eng-I) Oct. 13 at Newmarket.
Prince Khalid Abdullah's Frankel enhanced his already glowing reputation when he stormed home to take the Dubai Dewhurst Stakes (Eng-I) by 2 1/4-lengths at Newmarket Oct. 16.
Dubai, one of the seven United Arab Emirates, will sponsor the group I Dewhurst Stakes, it was announced Aug. 25. The race will be run Oct. 16 at Newmarket in England.
The Henry Cecil-trained Twice Over captured the final European leg of the Breeders' Cup Challenge on Champions' Day at Newmarket on Oct. 17, winning the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes (Eng-I)and earning a possible berth in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Sir Percy kept his undefeated record intact with a hard-fought neck victory over favored Horatio Nelson in the Darley Dewhurst Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday.
There are 40 horses going forward for the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes, this year carrying £400,000 in prize money, and 40 juveniles remaining in the season's top 2-year-old event, the £230,000 Darley Dewhurst Stakes. Both races are group I events.
Longshot Tout Seul rallied from last to take Saturday's Group I Dewhurst Stakes for 2-year-olds at Newmarket, defeating Tomahawk by a length and a quarter.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles