Cloudy's Knight created a mild surprise in the $198,500 Fair Grounds Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf Saturday, slipping through between rivals to win by a neck over Devilment under a well timed ride by Ramsey Zimmerman.
An evenly matched field of 10 is expected to go postward in the $200,000 Fair Grounds Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) Feb. 10, going 1 1/8 miles on the turf.
A pair of New Jersey-bred runners continue to march toward Sunday's Haskell Invitational Handicap at Monmouth Park, with Park Avenue Ball getting his final work on Tuesday morning and Joey P. now confirmed for the race according to his trainer.
Trainer Patrick Biancone confirmed Monday that Chekhov, runner-up last out in the Long Branch Stakes at Monmouth Park, will return to the Jersey Shore Sunday for the $1 million Haskell Invitational (gr. I).
Devilment rallied with a wide move on the second turn and took command at the top of the stretch to easily win the $100,000 Round Table Stakes for 3-year-olds by two lengths Saturday at Arlington Park.
Nancy A. Vanier and Cartwright Thoroughbred's Straight Line returns home to Arlington Park and looks to rebound off a disappointing fifth-place run in the grade II Ohio Derby on July 2 when he tops a field of nine sophomores entered for Saturday's $100,000 Round Table Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen