The sale of group I winner Devil Moon and group II winner Belong To Many, along with a solid clearance rate, highlighted the opening session of the 2009 William Inglis & Son Australian Easter broodmare sale at Newmarket in Australia April 14.
Day one of Australia's Spring Carnival kicked off Oct. 6 at Flemington racecourse with the Turnbull Stakes (AUS-I), a 10-furlong affair that always holds the key to many of the carnival's largest races. It had a cracking field, taken in fine fashion by Devil Moon, a 4-year-old filly.
One Cool Cat gave trainer Aidan O'Brien his sixth consecutive Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) for 2-year-olds, capping a four-win day for the Ballydoyle racing operation at The Curragh Sunday.
Kris S., already the sire this year of Vodafone Derby winner Kris Kin, was represented today at Glorious Goodwood by Veuve Clicquot Vintage Stakes (Eng-II) winner Lucky Story.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness
- Young Buys Malibu Moon Filly for $500,000
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Sells for $600,000
- Medaglia d’Oro Colt Tops F-T Midlantic Opener
- The Ex Terminator