The sale of group I winner Devil Moon and group II winner Belong To Many, along with a solid clearance rate, highlighted the opening session of the 2009 William Inglis & Son Australian Easter broodmare sale at Newmarket in Australia April 14.
Day one of Australia's Spring Carnival kicked off Oct. 6 at Flemington racecourse with the Turnbull Stakes (AUS-I), a 10-furlong affair that always holds the key to many of the carnival's largest races. It had a cracking field, taken in fine fashion by Devil Moon, a 4-year-old filly.
One Cool Cat gave trainer Aidan O'Brien his sixth consecutive Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) for 2-year-olds, capping a four-win day for the Ballydoyle racing operation at The Curragh Sunday.
Kris S., already the sire this year of Vodafone Derby winner Kris Kin, was represented today at Glorious Goodwood by Veuve Clicquot Vintage Stakes (Eng-II) winner Lucky Story.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Convey Edges Out Winter Derby Victory
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91