The sale of group I winner Devil Moon and group II winner Belong To Many, along with a solid clearance rate, highlighted the opening session of the 2009 William Inglis & Son Australian Easter broodmare sale at Newmarket in Australia April 14.
Day one of Australia's Spring Carnival kicked off Oct. 6 at Flemington racecourse with the Turnbull Stakes (AUS-I), a 10-furlong affair that always holds the key to many of the carnival's largest races. It had a cracking field, taken in fine fashion by Devil Moon, a 4-year-old filly.
One Cool Cat gave trainer Aidan O'Brien his sixth consecutive Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) for 2-year-olds, capping a four-win day for the Ballydoyle racing operation at The Curragh Sunday.
Kris S., already the sire this year of Vodafone Derby winner Kris Kin, was represented today at Glorious Goodwood by Veuve Clicquot Vintage Stakes (Eng-II) winner Lucky Story.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze