Expanded gambling became legal in Massachusetts Nov. 22, when Governor Deval Patrick signed the bill to authorize three destination resort casinos and one slots facility that will be competitively bid.
The State of Massachusetts took a major step toward expanding gambling on the night of Sept. 14 after the House of Representatives passed a bill to legalize three destination resort casinos and one slot machine facility.
Discussions about expanding gambling in Massachusetts have been moved off the fast track as the governor and legislators now will make closing the state's $1-billion budget deficit their top priority.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts