Expanded gambling became legal in Massachusetts Nov. 22, when Governor Deval Patrick signed the bill to authorize three destination resort casinos and one slots facility that will be competitively bid.
The State of Massachusetts took a major step toward expanding gambling on the night of Sept. 14 after the House of Representatives passed a bill to legalize three destination resort casinos and one slot machine facility.
Discussions about expanding gambling in Massachusetts have been moved off the fast track as the governor and legislators now will make closing the state's $1-billion budget deficit their top priority.
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30