Expanded gambling became legal in Massachusetts Nov. 22, when Governor Deval Patrick signed the bill to authorize three destination resort casinos and one slots facility that will be competitively bid.
The State of Massachusetts took a major step toward expanding gambling on the night of Sept. 14 after the House of Representatives passed a bill to legalize three destination resort casinos and one slot machine facility.
Discussions about expanding gambling in Massachusetts have been moved off the fast track as the governor and legislators now will make closing the state's $1-billion budget deficit their top priority.
Most Popular Stories
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale
- Indiana Grand Approved for 120 Dates in 2015
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- First Win for United States at Charles Town