Expanded gambling became legal in Massachusetts Nov. 22, when Governor Deval Patrick signed the bill to authorize three destination resort casinos and one slots facility that will be competitively bid.
The State of Massachusetts took a major step toward expanding gambling on the night of Sept. 14 after the House of Representatives passed a bill to legalize three destination resort casinos and one slot machine facility.
Discussions about expanding gambling in Massachusetts have been moved off the fast track as the governor and legislators now will make closing the state's $1-billion budget deficit their top priority.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate