Expanded gambling became legal in Massachusetts Nov. 22, when Governor Deval Patrick signed the bill to authorize three destination resort casinos and one slots facility that will be competitively bid.
The State of Massachusetts took a major step toward expanding gambling on the night of Sept. 14 after the House of Representatives passed a bill to legalize three destination resort casinos and one slot machine facility.
Discussions about expanding gambling in Massachusetts have been moved off the fast track as the governor and legislators now will make closing the state's $1-billion budget deficit their top priority.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Silvano Offspring Dominate in Durban July
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Irish Jasper Draws Away in Victory Ride
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind