Expanded gambling became legal in Massachusetts Nov. 22, when Governor Deval Patrick signed the bill to authorize three destination resort casinos and one slots facility that will be competitively bid.
The State of Massachusetts took a major step toward expanding gambling on the night of Sept. 14 after the House of Representatives passed a bill to legalize three destination resort casinos and one slot machine facility.
Discussions about expanding gambling in Massachusetts have been moved off the fast track as the governor and legislators now will make closing the state's $1-billion budget deficit their top priority.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Carpe Diem, Madefromlucky Work in Company
- Violette: NY Exercise Riders Still Covered
- Storm Cat Statue on Loan to Saratoga Park
- Slideshow: Groupie Doll's First Foal At Home
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'