Expanded gambling became legal in Massachusetts Nov. 22, when Governor Deval Patrick signed the bill to authorize three destination resort casinos and one slots facility that will be competitively bid.
The State of Massachusetts took a major step toward expanding gambling on the night of Sept. 14 after the House of Representatives passed a bill to legalize three destination resort casinos and one slot machine facility.
Discussions about expanding gambling in Massachusetts have been moved off the fast track as the governor and legislators now will make closing the state's $1-billion budget deficit their top priority.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant