Expanded gambling became legal in Massachusetts Nov. 22, when Governor Deval Patrick signed the bill to authorize three destination resort casinos and one slots facility that will be competitively bid.
The State of Massachusetts took a major step toward expanding gambling on the night of Sept. 14 after the House of Representatives passed a bill to legalize three destination resort casinos and one slot machine facility.
Discussions about expanding gambling in Massachusetts have been moved off the fast track as the governor and legislators now will make closing the state's $1-billion budget deficit their top priority.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day