The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium board of directors has approved thresholds and withdrawal guidelines for six medications that have been identified as having therapeutic purposes.
Trainer Cody Autrey is serving a seven-day suspension and has agreed to a $12,500 fine after two horses in his care were found to have competed with guanabenz in their systems during last summer's Del Mar meet.
Trainer Michael Pender began serving a 15-day suspension Jan. 3 stemming from a medication violation for guanabenz, which was found in one of his horses during the Del Mar meeting.
Two complaints against trainer Cody Autrey and one against trainer Michael Pender were filed by the California Horse Racing Board after horses in their care were found to have guanabenz in their systems in post-race urine tests.
Most Popular Stories
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code