The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium board of directors has approved thresholds and withdrawal guidelines for six medications that have been identified as having therapeutic purposes.
Trainer Cody Autrey is serving a seven-day suspension and has agreed to a $12,500 fine after two horses in his care were found to have competed with guanabenz in their systems during last summer's Del Mar meet.
Trainer Michael Pender began serving a 15-day suspension Jan. 3 stemming from a medication violation for guanabenz, which was found in one of his horses during the Del Mar meeting.
Two complaints against trainer Cody Autrey and one against trainer Michael Pender were filed by the California Horse Racing Board after horses in their care were found to have guanabenz in their systems in post-race urine tests.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning