The board voted to revise thresholds for three medications on the list of controlled therapeutic substances, and recommended expanding an out-of-competition testing program that would include a list of prohibited substances.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium board of directors has approved thresholds and withdrawal guidelines for six medications that have been identified as having therapeutic purposes.
Trainer Cody Autrey is serving a seven-day suspension and has agreed to a $12,500 fine after two horses in his care were found to have competed with guanabenz in their systems during last summer's Del Mar meet.
Trainer Michael Pender began serving a 15-day suspension Jan. 3 stemming from a medication violation for guanabenz, which was found in one of his horses during the Del Mar meeting.
Two complaints against trainer Cody Autrey and one against trainer Michael Pender were filed by the California Horse Racing Board after horses in their care were found to have guanabenz in their systems in post-race urine tests.
Most Popular Stories
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work