Kitten's First, whose son, Kitten's Joy, was 2004 champion turf male, was euthanized Jan. 14 because of foundering.
Charles Deters' homebred Down the Aisle closed determinedly through the stretch to catch 21-1 pacesetter Aly's Alley near the wire, winning the $350,000 United Nations Handicap (gr. IT) by 3/4 lengths Saturday at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night