The $150,000 D. S. "Shine" Young Memorial Futurity headlines the 2006 edition of Louisiana Legends Night to be held at Evangeline Downs Racetrack and Casino on Saturday evening.
Witt Ante, winner of the 2004 Louisiana Champions Day Classic, looks for a repeat in the $150,000 centerpiece of the first major event of the Fair Ground meet Saturday at Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
Merry Mary bested stablemate Autobesarah for trainer John Taylor in the $100,000 Red Camelia Handicap for older Louisiana-bred fillies and mares on closing Sunday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
The Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association has announced the winners of the 2004 horse of the year awards, voted on by association members.
Shane Sellers and Robby Albarado, the top two jockeys of Fair Grounds' 2003-04 meet, saved the best for last on closing day Sunday.
An appearance by Jake Delhomme -- this time in the role of Thoroughbred owner -- was just one of many highlights on an evening when more than $1 million in purse money was up for grabs for Louisiana-breds at Delta Downs Racetrack & Casino.
Spritely Walker heads a cast of seven in the $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship, the featured event in a series of 10 races worth $1 million for state breds at Delta Downs Saturday night.
Letithappencaptain scored her first stakes win in the inaugural $100,000 Sarah Lane's Oates Handicap on a yielding turf course Saturday at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby