The Thoroughbred Corp. is finished as a racing operation, according to its president, Richard Mulhall.
Grade I winner Dessert, a half-sister to Eclipse Award finalist Johar, has been retired from racing.
Richard Mandella, who made history by winning four Breeders' Cup races on Oct. 25, closed out the Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita in style Sunday by winning the $74,150 Avigaition Stakes with 7-5 favorite Crazy Ensign.
Adoration, Dimatrova and Minister Eric topped the Breeders's Cup work tab at Santa Anita on Wednesday.
Wertheimer Farm's homebred Halfbridled, one of the leading contenders for the Oct. 25 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), breezed six furlongs in 1:16 3/5 at Santa Anita Saturday morning.
Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) candidates Heat Haze and Tates Creek were both on the Hollywood Park worktab Sunday morning, logging half-miles in :47 2/5 and :48, respectively.
The Thoroughbred Corp. homebred Dessert, making her debut in stakes company, captured Sunday's $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) in gate-to-wire fashion, holding off an unlucky Solar Echo by a neck on the grass.
Eight 3-year-old fillies, including two entries of two horses each, are set for Sunday's $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) at 1 1/8 miles on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Headed by San Clemente Handicap winner Katdogawn and multiple stakes winner Atlantic Ocean, a field of at least eight appears likely for Sunday's 47th edition of the grade I, $300,000 Del Mar Oaks.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes