Blazing Speed swept around the early leaders in the stretch of the April 26 Audemars Piguet QE II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin and found another gear in the final 100 meters to win by two lengths.
Several hopefuls for the HK$20 million Audemars Piguet QEII Cup (HK-I) were out at Sha Tin the morning of April 25, including a couple of top contenders in Red Cadeaux and Criterion, familiar rivals.
Criterion, Australia's hope, drew the rail and Military Attack, second in this event last year for the home team, drew post 2. Last year's winner, Designs On Rome, will break from the 11 gate in a field of 12.
Hong Kong Horse of the Year Designs On Rome will bid for a repeat victory in the HK$20 million Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) April 26 at Sha Tin Racecourse.
The Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin April 26 drew 61 nominees, including last year's winner Designs On Rome, 2014 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) winner African Story, and U.S.-based Finnegans Wake.
Hong Kong, Los Alamitos, Japan, Fair Grounds, Gulfstream Park, Hawthorne, Sunland Park & more! view slideshow
Flintshire, a bridesmaid in the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe and the Breeders' Cup Turf, finally got to the altar in the Longines Hong Kong Vase Dec. 14 at Sha Tin Racecourse.
After a bit of intrigue and some last-minute quick healing, the fields are set for the Dec. 14 Longines Hong Kong International Races at Sha Tin Racecourse.
Designs On Rome was named Hong Kong Horse of the Year of the 2013-14 during ceremonies July 4.
Hong Kong Derby winner Designs On Rome outfought stablemate Military Attack for a neck victory in the Audemar Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) April 27 at Sha Tin.
Most Popular Stories
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- New Bay, Karaktar Among 14 for French Derby
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Wonder Again Next Step for Unbeaten Lady Eli
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- National HBPA Questions Federal Drug Bill
- Virginia Defining Horsemen's Group Criteria
- Breeders' Cup Fantasy Game Returns for 2015