Maryfield is the first stakes winner out of Sly Maid, a decent stakes-placed runner by Desert Wine. Ontario partners John Harvey, Jr. and Mike Carroll acquired Sly Maid with Robyn's Nest Farm for $50,000 out of the 1997 Keeneland January winter mixed sale and enjoyed remarkably good commercial success with her.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Hard Not to Like Seeking CA Score in Gamely
- Summer Hit Aimed for All American Three-Peat