A close relative of undefeated superstar Black Caviar was the headline attraction on opening day of the Inglis Melbourne August Thoroughbred sale, going for the top price of $205,000 ($186,562 in U.S. funds) aug. 15.
Australia's legendary mare Black Caviar has been retired undefeated after winning her 25th race, an emotional trainer Peter Moody announced April 17.
All Too Hard, Black Caviar's younger half brother and Australia's top-rated 3-year-old colt, stormed from the back of the field to win the C. F. Orr Stakes (Aus-I) Feb. 9 at Caulfield.
Desert Sun, the broodmare sire of unbeaten Australian Horse of the Year Black Caviar and the sire of Australian and New Zealand Horse of the Year Sunline, has died at Eliza Park in Victoria, Australia.
The Hong Kong International Sale realized a record price Dec. 11 at Sha Tin Racecourse when a gelded son of King's Best sold for HK$6 million (US $771,506).
Sunline delivered her first foal, a bay filly by Rock Of Gibraltar, at Cambridge Stud in New Zealand's Waikato region early Oct 18.
Super Elegant collected his second grade I in a week in defeating a talented bunch of sprinters in the Doomben 10,000 (Aust-I) in Brisbane, Australia, on May 22.
Salford City won Saturday's Lane's End Greenham Stakes (Eng-III) for 3-year-olds at Newbury and became one of the early favorites for the 2,000 Guineas for new owner Michael Tabor.
The San Miguel premier yearling sale in Australia closed out its two-day run on Monday with increases in gross revenue and average price. Thirteen horses sold for six-figure prices.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin