Making her first start of 2012, Turbulent Descent remained undefeated at Betfair Hollywood Park with a victory in the $72,570 Desert Stormer Handicap June 17.
Irish Gypsy capped a big card at Hollywood Park for trainer Bob Baffert and jockey Martin Garcia on Father's Day when she captured the $76,050 Desert Stormer Handicap by 1 1/4 lengths as the favorite June 19.
Jockey Mike Smith rode even-money favorite Puxa Saco to a three-length victory over Tucked Away in the $106,400 Desert Stormer Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at six furlongs Sunday at Hollywood Park.
With nine consecutive victories, 5-year-old mare Ema Bovary puts the longest winning streak in the nation on the line Saturday in the $100,000-added Desert Stormer Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Thanks to a well-timed ride from Tyler Baze, Old Friends Inc.'s Quero Quero hit the front at just the correct moment to upset favored Atlantic Ocean by a neck in Saturday's $215,950 Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf.
Atlantic Ocean, The Thoroughbred Corporation's $1.9-million filly, returns to to the grass in Saturday's $200,000-added Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park.
Madame Pietra, a 6-year-old mare who has quietly developed into one of the better female sprinters in the nation, seeks her fourth straight stakes victory in the $100,000-added Desert Stormer Handicap for fillies and mares at six furlongs on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Equine Infections Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green