Making her first start of 2012, Turbulent Descent remained undefeated at Betfair Hollywood Park with a victory in the $72,570 Desert Stormer Handicap June 17.
Irish Gypsy capped a big card at Hollywood Park for trainer Bob Baffert and jockey Martin Garcia on Father's Day when she captured the $76,050 Desert Stormer Handicap by 1 1/4 lengths as the favorite June 19.
Jockey Mike Smith rode even-money favorite Puxa Saco to a three-length victory over Tucked Away in the $106,400 Desert Stormer Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at six furlongs Sunday at Hollywood Park.
With nine consecutive victories, 5-year-old mare Ema Bovary puts the longest winning streak in the nation on the line Saturday in the $100,000-added Desert Stormer Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Thanks to a well-timed ride from Tyler Baze, Old Friends Inc.'s Quero Quero hit the front at just the correct moment to upset favored Atlantic Ocean by a neck in Saturday's $215,950 Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf.
Atlantic Ocean, The Thoroughbred Corporation's $1.9-million filly, returns to to the grass in Saturday's $200,000-added Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park.
Madame Pietra, a 6-year-old mare who has quietly developed into one of the better female sprinters in the nation, seeks her fourth straight stakes victory in the $100,000-added Desert Stormer Handicap for fillies and mares at six furlongs on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat