White Moonstone remained undefeated with determined neck victory over Together in the Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) at Ascot Sept. 25.
Select Stable's Take Charge Lade is set to defend her crown in the $500,000 Overbrook Spinster (gr. I) at Keeneland Sunday.
Jockey Rene Douglas unleashed Iron County Farms' homebred Bare Necessities at the head of the stretch and the multiple stakes-winning filly rolled to a convincing 5 1/4-length win in the $200,000 Gardenia Stakes (gr. III) at Ellis Park Saturday.
J. J. Pletcher's Lismore Knight saved ground early and angled out for the drive en route to a three-quarter length victory in the $175,000 Arlington Classic (gr. IIT) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Five high profile out-of-town trainers will converge on Laurel Park Saturday for the $100,000 Anne Arundel Stakes (grade III) for 3-year old fillies. Fourteen horses are expected in the 1 1/8-mile test.
Most Popular Stories
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Downs Adds 16 Stable Cameras
- Second Purse Hike at Ohio's ThistleDown
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Jockeys to Support Childhood Cancer Awareness
- TOBA August Member of the Month
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong