Desert Blanc, winner of the June 9 Woodford Reserve Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) at Belmont Park, suffered a tendon injury and has been retired.
Making his second start in the U.S., Desert Blanc won a stretch duel with Papaw Bodie to win the Woodford Reserve Manhattan (gr. IT), the turf marathon on the June 9 Belmont Stakes card.
The trio of Boisterous, Desert Blanc, and Top Surprize--the respective top three finishers in the Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT)--figure to make things interesting again in the Woodford Reserve Manhattan Handicap.
Boisterous made his return to New York a winning one, closing resolutely through the stretch for a one-length victory over Desert Blanc in the $150,000 Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park May 5.
Eight stakes winners are among the entrants for the $150,000 Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the grass May 5 at Belmont Park, with Boisterous the 5-2 morning line choice.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Take Charge Brandi Not Entered in Honeybee
- Changes Possible on Federal Tax Withholdings
- Handle on U.S. Races Down 3.66% in February
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Rock Diva Dances to Auckland Cup Victory
- Charles Town Cancels Thursday Night Card
- Wise Dan Back Under Tack March 4, 2015