Desert Blanc, winner of the June 9 Woodford Reserve Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) at Belmont Park, suffered a tendon injury and has been retired.
Making his second start in the U.S., Desert Blanc won a stretch duel with Papaw Bodie to win the Woodford Reserve Manhattan (gr. IT), the turf marathon on the June 9 Belmont Stakes card.
The trio of Boisterous, Desert Blanc, and Top Surprize--the respective top three finishers in the Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT)--figure to make things interesting again in the Woodford Reserve Manhattan Handicap.
Boisterous made his return to New York a winning one, closing resolutely through the stretch for a one-length victory over Desert Blanc in the $150,000 Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park May 5.
Eight stakes winners are among the entrants for the $150,000 Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the grass May 5 at Belmont Park, with Boisterous the 5-2 morning line choice.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail