Desert Blanc, winner of the June 9 Woodford Reserve Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) at Belmont Park, suffered a tendon injury and has been retired.
Making his second start in the U.S., Desert Blanc won a stretch duel with Papaw Bodie to win the Woodford Reserve Manhattan (gr. IT), the turf marathon on the June 9 Belmont Stakes card.
The trio of Boisterous, Desert Blanc, and Top Surprize--the respective top three finishers in the Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT)--figure to make things interesting again in the Woodford Reserve Manhattan Handicap.
Boisterous made his return to New York a winning one, closing resolutely through the stretch for a one-length victory over Desert Blanc in the $150,000 Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park May 5.
Eight stakes winners are among the entrants for the $150,000 Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the grass May 5 at Belmont Park, with Boisterous the 5-2 morning line choice.
Most Popular Stories
- Lani to Return in Al Maktoum Challenge Round 3
- Darby Dan Back on the Derby Trail
- Hartley, De Renzo Move Operation Into New Dimension
- McCraken to Miss Tampa Bay Derby With Ankle Strain
- A $300 Million Question at Pimlico Race Course
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 28, 2017
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Bernardini Colt Among Horses to Watch at Gulfstream
- What's Going On Here: Time Loves A Hero