Desert Blanc, winner of the June 9 Woodford Reserve Manhattan Handicap (gr. IT) at Belmont Park, suffered a tendon injury and has been retired.
Making his second start in the U.S., Desert Blanc won a stretch duel with Papaw Bodie to win the Woodford Reserve Manhattan (gr. IT), the turf marathon on the June 9 Belmont Stakes card.
The trio of Boisterous, Desert Blanc, and Top Surprize--the respective top three finishers in the Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT)--figure to make things interesting again in the Woodford Reserve Manhattan Handicap.
Boisterous made his return to New York a winning one, closing resolutely through the stretch for a one-length victory over Desert Blanc in the $150,000 Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park May 5.
Eight stakes winners are among the entrants for the $150,000 Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the grass May 5 at Belmont Park, with Boisterous the 5-2 morning line choice.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Long On Value's Late Run Lands Twilight Derby
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Moore: 'If it Rains, I hope it Rains Hard'
- Patient Cary Street Wins Las Vegas Marathon
- No Nay Never to Coolmore After BC Turf Sprint
- Hearing Set on Instant Racing Trial Date
- My Fiona Rides Rail to Golden State Victory
- 2013 Cup Generated $64.9M for Los Angeles
- Quiet Morning for Breeders' Cup Day 1