A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Marju, sire of 2010 Irish mile classic winner Bethrah, has come down with laminitis and has been taken out of stud service at Derrinstown Stud in Ireland.
Godolphin's Electrocutionist put up an impressive show for his first outing on the dirt and his new connections when landing the US$300,000 Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum (UAE-II), sponsored by Derrinstown Stud, at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse on Thursday evening over 2,000 meters.
Elnadim, an Irish-based shuttle stallion currently at Derrinstown Stud, was represented by his first winner Wednesday when Wild as Elle won the second race at Keeneland.
English champion miler Bahri, sire of European champion Sakhee, will be relocated from Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Farm near Lexington to his Derrinstown Stud in County Kildare, Ireland.
Kris Kin, this year's Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner, was retired from racing several days after his unplaced effort in the Oct.5 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I).
Almutawakel, winner of the 1999 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), will shuttle from Sheikh Hamdan's Derrinstown Stud in Ireland to New Zealand for the Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title
- Mikki Queen Rules in Japanese Oaks
- Pleascach Wins Irish One Thousand Guineas
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Leads MM Weanling Session
- Looking for a Longshot in the Gamely Stakes
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap