Bahri, sire of 2001 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) victor Sakhee among 16 stakes winners, has been retired from stud duty at the age of 23, Shadwell Estate Co. and Girsonfield Stud and Racing announced Aug. 28.
A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Marju, sire of 2010 Irish mile classic winner Bethrah, has come down with laminitis and has been taken out of stud service at Derrinstown Stud in Ireland.
Godolphin's Electrocutionist put up an impressive show for his first outing on the dirt and his new connections when landing the US$300,000 Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum (UAE-II), sponsored by Derrinstown Stud, at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse on Thursday evening over 2,000 meters.
Elnadim, an Irish-based shuttle stallion currently at Derrinstown Stud, was represented by his first winner Wednesday when Wild as Elle won the second race at Keeneland.
English champion miler Bahri, sire of European champion Sakhee, will be relocated from Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Farm near Lexington to his Derrinstown Stud in County Kildare, Ireland.
Kris Kin, this year's Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner, was retired from racing several days after his unplaced effort in the Oct.5 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I).
Almutawakel, winner of the 1999 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), will shuttle from Sheikh Hamdan's Derrinstown Stud in Ireland to New Zealand for the Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- New York THA Invests in Testing Equipment
- NYRA Pledges Matching Funds for Aftercare
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Gallant Son to Daehling Ranch in CA
- 10-Day Los Al Fall Meet Opens Sept. 10
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Whistling Past the Graveyard