Full Ransom, given a patient ride by Victor Espinoza, rallied from fifth near mid-stretch to score a 12-1 upset in the $100,000 Miesque Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-old fillies on the Betfair Hollywood Park turf Nov. 30.
Golden Balls, an Irish-bred import whose name celebrates the soccer accomplishments of British superstar David Beckham, rallied furiously Saturday to nail odds-on favorite Desert Code in the final strides of Santa Anita's $108,300 La Puente Stakes for 3-year-olds at one mile on turf.
The 33-1 shot Moth Ball registered his first win in 14 United States starts when he dug in tenaciously in the stretch to defeat Apalachee Tiger in the $100,000 Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Santa Anita's hillside turf course Sunday.
Ticker Tape, an Eclipse Award runner-up as 3-year-old in 2004, has been retired after suffering a leg injury earlier this year.
Southern California Thoroughbred owner Jim Ford has moved five of his horses from the barn of his longtime trainer, Jim Cassidy, distributing four of them to Wally Dollase and one to Northern California-based leading conditioner Jerry Hollendorfer.
Steelaninch and Star Vega, the Jim Cassidy-trained duo who swept the La Puente and Providencia, respectively, last weekend at Santa Anita will likely make their next starts during the upcoming Hollywood Park meeting, Cassidy said.
Star Vega rallied through an opening on the rail to defeat Makeup Artist by a neck Sunday in the $150,000 Providencia Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Casners Aim to Add Chapter to Dubai Success
- American Trainers Approve Meydan Move to Dirt
- The One That Got Away
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 24
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps