The star-crossed sophomore campaign for Shanghai Bobby, last season's unbeaten 2-year-old champion, came to an end with his announced retirement Sept. 29 due to an injury.
A full brother to Horse of the Year Zenyatta was foaled April 9 at Ashford Stud in Lexington, according to Coolmore, which owns broodmare Vertigineux.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will hold a Thoroughbred Pedigree and Conformation Clinic Monday, Oct. 8, and Tuesday, Oct. 9, in Lexington.
Grand Slam, who is represented by four 3-year-old stakes winners in 2012, died March 31 at Ashford Stud.
Last year's juvenile champion Uncle Mo will stand at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky., upon his retirement from racing, owner Mike Repole said Oct. 6.
Munnings, a seven-furlong sprint specialist with three grade II wins to his credit, has been retired and will stand the 2011 breeding season at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
Dunkirk, who ran second in the 2009 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
The first foal produced by champion and classic winner Rags to Riches was born on Monday, March 9, at 9:30 pm, at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
The untimely loss of Hennessy will not only leave a void at Coolmore's Ashford Stud, but for breeders in both hemispheres looking for speed and versatility.
Central Kentucky stallion El Gran Senor was euthanized Oct. 18 at Ashford Stud due to the infirmities of old age. He was 25.
The Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association (CBA) has elected its first Board of Directors.
Like many businesses in Central Kentucky, breeding farms were severely impacted by the ice storm that struck the area Feb. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award