Saturday evening's smaller session of Deauville Yearling Sale Aug. 19 was dominated by a daughter of Fasliyev who went for 600,000 euros, more than double the next highest price seen at France's premier bloodstock auction.
Araafa, a two-time group I winner, will stand at stud in 2007 at Dermot O'Rourke's Plantation Stud, but not before completing this year's racing season.
A fantastic trade at Tattersalls' Breeze-Up Sale's opening night in Newmarket Wednesday saw 18 six-figure lots (compared to 19 at the entire 2005 sale). The turnover soared by 65% to 5.65 million guineas, while the 75,413 guineas average and 55,000 guineas median were both up by 45%.
Dermot O'Rourke, former director of the Irish National Stud, bought historic Plantation near Newmarket, England, for an undisclosed sum.
Most Popular Stories
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win