Saturday evening's smaller session of Deauville Yearling Sale Aug. 19 was dominated by a daughter of Fasliyev who went for 600,000 euros, more than double the next highest price seen at France's premier bloodstock auction.
Araafa, a two-time group I winner, will stand at stud in 2007 at Dermot O'Rourke's Plantation Stud, but not before completing this year's racing season.
A fantastic trade at Tattersalls' Breeze-Up Sale's opening night in Newmarket Wednesday saw 18 six-figure lots (compared to 19 at the entire 2005 sale). The turnover soared by 65% to 5.65 million guineas, while the 75,413 guineas average and 55,000 guineas median were both up by 45%.
Dermot O'Rourke, former director of the Irish National Stud, bought historic Plantation near Newmarket, England, for an undisclosed sum.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates
- Jockey Club Enhances Vet Record Reporting
- Marc Ricker Joins Eaton Sales Team