Saturday evening's smaller session of Deauville Yearling Sale Aug. 19 was dominated by a daughter of Fasliyev who went for 600,000 euros, more than double the next highest price seen at France's premier bloodstock auction.
Araafa, a two-time group I winner, will stand at stud in 2007 at Dermot O'Rourke's Plantation Stud, but not before completing this year's racing season.
A fantastic trade at Tattersalls' Breeze-Up Sale's opening night in Newmarket Wednesday saw 18 six-figure lots (compared to 19 at the entire 2005 sale). The turnover soared by 65% to 5.65 million guineas, while the 75,413 guineas average and 55,000 guineas median were both up by 45%.
Dermot O'Rourke, former director of the Irish National Stud, bought historic Plantation near Newmarket, England, for an undisclosed sum.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be 'The Boss'
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- American Pharoah Tops 162 Blue Grass Nominees
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- Consignors Upbeat Ahead of F-T Florida Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge