A legislator who co-sponsored recently adopted legislation on daily fantasy sports said a line included in the new law aims to prohibit unlicensed horse racing contests that do not support the racing industry.
In the first agreement of its kind between a racetrack and racing contest site, DerbyWars will contribute revenue to Hawthorne Race Course and Illinois horsemen.
The Stronach Group and DerbyWars may be on a path to settling their pending lawsuit, according to comments made by each organization's officials Feb. 24 during and after a California Horse Racing Board committee meeting.
Stronach Group racetracks have filed a federal lawsuit against the operators of the daily racing contest site DerbyWars, claiming that the site is operating unlawfully in using Stronach track races.
A national conversation over the legality and viability of daily fantasy sports was at the forefront of the California Horse Racing Board session Oct. 21 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win