A legislator who co-sponsored recently adopted legislation on daily fantasy sports said a line included in the new law aims to prohibit unlicensed horse racing contests that do not support the racing industry.
In the first agreement of its kind between a racetrack and racing contest site, DerbyWars will contribute revenue to Hawthorne Race Course and Illinois horsemen.
The Stronach Group and DerbyWars may be on a path to settling their pending lawsuit, according to comments made by each organization's officials Feb. 24 during and after a California Horse Racing Board committee meeting.
Stronach Group racetracks have filed a federal lawsuit against the operators of the daily racing contest site DerbyWars, claiming that the site is operating unlawfully in using Stronach track races.
A national conversation over the legality and viability of daily fantasy sports was at the forefront of the California Horse Racing Board session Oct. 21 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Itsinthepost Breaks Through in San Luis Rey