Ramruma, winner of the Epsom Oaks (Eng-I), Irish Oaks (Ire-I) and Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I) in 1999, became the most-expensive broodmare sold in a European auction ring Tuesday when bought for 2.1 million guineas (about US$3,813,327) by Coolmore supremo John Magnier at the Tattersalls December sale in Newmarket, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile