Ramruma, winner of the Epsom Oaks (Eng-I), Irish Oaks (Ire-I) and Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I) in 1999, became the most-expensive broodmare sold in a European auction ring Tuesday when bought for 2.1 million guineas (about US$3,813,327) by Coolmore supremo John Magnier at the Tattersalls December sale in Newmarket, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever