Ramruma, winner of the Epsom Oaks (Eng-I), Irish Oaks (Ire-I) and Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I) in 1999, became the most-expensive broodmare sold in a European auction ring Tuesday when bought for 2.1 million guineas (about US$3,813,327) by Coolmore supremo John Magnier at the Tattersalls December sale in Newmarket, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot