Ramruma, winner of the Epsom Oaks (Eng-I), Irish Oaks (Ire-I) and Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I) in 1999, became the most-expensive broodmare sold in a European auction ring Tuesday when bought for 2.1 million guineas (about US$3,813,327) by Coolmore supremo John Magnier at the Tattersalls December sale in Newmarket, England.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner