Ramruma, winner of the Epsom Oaks (Eng-I), Irish Oaks (Ire-I) and Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I) in 1999, became the most-expensive broodmare sold in a European auction ring Tuesday when bought for 2.1 million guineas (about US$3,813,327) by Coolmore supremo John Magnier at the Tattersalls December sale in Newmarket, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- Chilean Invader Dacita Takes Ballston Spa