The successes of David Junior and Red Rocks this year earned Brian Meehan the International Trainer of the Year Award at the 40th Derby Awards, held by the Horserace Writers & Photographers Association in London, England, Dec. 4.
The latest in the series of end-of-year awards ceremonies in Britain was held on Monday, December 9, 2002. This time it was the 36th Derby Awards luncheon at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien, owners Michael Tabor and Sue Magnier, and jockey Michael Kinane, who combined together to have such a great flat season for the Coolmore team, dominated the 2001 Derby Awards, organized by the Horserace Writers and Photographers Association, The winners were announced Dec. 10 before 600 people in London, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress