The successes of David Junior and Red Rocks this year earned Brian Meehan the International Trainer of the Year Award at the 40th Derby Awards, held by the Horserace Writers & Photographers Association in London, England, Dec. 4.
The latest in the series of end-of-year awards ceremonies in Britain was held on Monday, December 9, 2002. This time it was the 36th Derby Awards luncheon at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien, owners Michael Tabor and Sue Magnier, and jockey Michael Kinane, who combined together to have such a great flat season for the Coolmore team, dominated the 2001 Derby Awards, organized by the Horserace Writers and Photographers Association, The winners were announced Dec. 10 before 600 people in London, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup