The American Horse Council reported that the Department of Homeland Security and Department of Labor will resume processing H-2B petitions, but will continue to suspend premium processing until further notice.
- By Tom LaMarra
The United States Departments of Homeland Security and Commerce in September will implement new immigration measures intended to improve border security, step up enforcement of immigration laws, streamline existing guest worker programs, and address the failures of the current immigration system, according to the American Horse Council.
Kentucky Sen. Damon Thayer, vice president of event marketing for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup, was among the representatives of professional and college sports July 23 at a seminar hosted by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates
- Jockey Club Enhances Vet Record Reporting
- Marc Ricker Joins Eaton Sales Team