Getting established in a veteran-dominated colony at Tampa Bay Downs seems like a minor task compared with what the young rider faced at the start of his career in April 2012.
Suffolk Downs, which in recent years has opened its live meet in mid-May, will instead begin the 2012 season June 2 even though a purse contract with the New England HBPA has yet to be finalized.
Larry Jones will be back as the trainer of record this year at Delaware Park, which will opens its meet April 30 with a strong group of trainers on the grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner