Hialeah Park chairman John Brunetti Sr. is not optimistic the track's first Quarter Horse meet will be a financial success.
John J. Brunetti has announced that his son, John J. Brunetti Jr., and racing industry veterans Randall E. Soth and Dennis Testa will head up the management team for the redeveloped Hialeah Park. The South Florida track that last had live racing in 2001 is scheduled to reopen later this year or in early 2010 for Quarter Horse racing.
Dennis Testa has left Gulfstream Park, where he has served as director of operations since 1998.
Paul Micucci has been named president and general manager of Gulfstream Park. Micucci joined Magna Entertainment Corp., Gulfstream Park's parent company, in March 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- 'Cups King' Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- Kawi Handy Winner of Makfi Challenge
- PR Leader Ed Lewi Passes on Travers Day
- Boban Prevails in Spirited Memsie Finish
- HKJC's Promotes Harding to Executive Post
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop