Hialeah Park chairman John Brunetti Sr. is not optimistic the track's first Quarter Horse meet will be a financial success.
John J. Brunetti has announced that his son, John J. Brunetti Jr., and racing industry veterans Randall E. Soth and Dennis Testa will head up the management team for the redeveloped Hialeah Park. The South Florida track that last had live racing in 2001 is scheduled to reopen later this year or in early 2010 for Quarter Horse racing.
Dennis Testa has left Gulfstream Park, where he has served as director of operations since 1998.
Paul Micucci has been named president and general manager of Gulfstream Park. Micucci joined Magna Entertainment Corp., Gulfstream Park's parent company, in March 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta