Hialeah Park chairman John Brunetti Sr. is not optimistic the track's first Quarter Horse meet will be a financial success.
John J. Brunetti has announced that his son, John J. Brunetti Jr., and racing industry veterans Randall E. Soth and Dennis Testa will head up the management team for the redeveloped Hialeah Park. The South Florida track that last had live racing in 2001 is scheduled to reopen later this year or in early 2010 for Quarter Horse racing.
Dennis Testa has left Gulfstream Park, where he has served as director of operations since 1998.
Paul Micucci has been named president and general manager of Gulfstream Park. Micucci joined Magna Entertainment Corp., Gulfstream Park's parent company, in March 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab
- Hialeah Purse Lawsuit Heads to Arbitration
- Ihtsahymn Edges Favorite in Kingston Town
- Hong Kong Cup: Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look