Hialeah Park chairman John Brunetti Sr. is not optimistic the track's first Quarter Horse meet will be a financial success.
John J. Brunetti has announced that his son, John J. Brunetti Jr., and racing industry veterans Randall E. Soth and Dennis Testa will head up the management team for the redeveloped Hialeah Park. The South Florida track that last had live racing in 2001 is scheduled to reopen later this year or in early 2010 for Quarter Horse racing.
Dennis Testa has left Gulfstream Park, where he has served as director of operations since 1998.
Paul Micucci has been named president and general manager of Gulfstream Park. Micucci joined Magna Entertainment Corp., Gulfstream Park's parent company, in March 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont