Hialeah Park chairman John Brunetti Sr. is not optimistic the track's first Quarter Horse meet will be a financial success.
John J. Brunetti has announced that his son, John J. Brunetti Jr., and racing industry veterans Randall E. Soth and Dennis Testa will head up the management team for the redeveloped Hialeah Park. The South Florida track that last had live racing in 2001 is scheduled to reopen later this year or in early 2010 for Quarter Horse racing.
Dennis Testa has left Gulfstream Park, where he has served as director of operations since 1998.
Paul Micucci has been named president and general manager of Gulfstream Park. Micucci joined Magna Entertainment Corp., Gulfstream Park's parent company, in March 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby