Hialeah Park chairman John Brunetti Sr. is not optimistic the track's first Quarter Horse meet will be a financial success.
John J. Brunetti has announced that his son, John J. Brunetti Jr., and racing industry veterans Randall E. Soth and Dennis Testa will head up the management team for the redeveloped Hialeah Park. The South Florida track that last had live racing in 2001 is scheduled to reopen later this year or in early 2010 for Quarter Horse racing.
Dennis Testa has left Gulfstream Park, where he has served as director of operations since 1998.
Paul Micucci has been named president and general manager of Gulfstream Park. Micucci joined Magna Entertainment Corp., Gulfstream Park's parent company, in March 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus