Hialeah Park chairman John Brunetti Sr. is not optimistic the track's first Quarter Horse meet will be a financial success.
John J. Brunetti has announced that his son, John J. Brunetti Jr., and racing industry veterans Randall E. Soth and Dennis Testa will head up the management team for the redeveloped Hialeah Park. The South Florida track that last had live racing in 2001 is scheduled to reopen later this year or in early 2010 for Quarter Horse racing.
Dennis Testa has left Gulfstream Park, where he has served as director of operations since 1998.
Paul Micucci has been named president and general manager of Gulfstream Park. Micucci joined Magna Entertainment Corp., Gulfstream Park's parent company, in March 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Wildcat Red Sidelined With Back Muscle Pull