Hialeah Park chairman John Brunetti Sr. is not optimistic the track's first Quarter Horse meet will be a financial success.
John J. Brunetti has announced that his son, John J. Brunetti Jr., and racing industry veterans Randall E. Soth and Dennis Testa will head up the management team for the redeveloped Hialeah Park. The South Florida track that last had live racing in 2001 is scheduled to reopen later this year or in early 2010 for Quarter Horse racing.
Dennis Testa has left Gulfstream Park, where he has served as director of operations since 1998.
Paul Micucci has been named president and general manager of Gulfstream Park. Micucci joined Magna Entertainment Corp., Gulfstream Park's parent company, in March 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes