Bonapaw, a grade I winner sprinting, retreats to his old favorite distance for Sunday's $150,000 Pelleteri Breeders' Cup Handicap at Fair Grounds.
James & Dennis Richard's Bonapaw, winner of last Saturday's Vosburgh Handicap (gr. I) at Belmont Park, returned to the more familiar environs at Arlington Park Thursday to prepare for the NAPA Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) to be held at Arlington Oct. 26.
Norman Miller may not be a household name when it comes to horse trainers. But the 47-year-old New Orleans native will have one of his most important opportunities Saturday when he saddles Jimmy and Dennis Richard's Bonapaw in the $300,000 Vosburgh (gr. I) at seven furlongs at Belmont Park.
Bonapaw, who races in the colors of twin brothers-owners Jimmy & Dennis Richard, picked up his second stakes win of the Arlington Park meet when he cruised to a 4 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Arlington Sprint Saturday.
James and Dennis Richard's Bonapaw, who finished sixth behind Caller One in the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I), makes his stateside return in a command performance in the $150,000 Iowa Sprint Handicap July 4 as the Iowa Festival of Racing rolls into day two at Prairie Meadows.
By Gary McMillen -- Talking to twins Dennis and Jimmy Richard is like listening to a Cheech and Chong record. They finish each other's sentences. Each seems to know what the other is thinking about. Lately, they have a one-track mind, and that's getting their sprinter Bonapaw to Dubai.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud