Bonapaw, a grade I winner sprinting, retreats to his old favorite distance for Sunday's $150,000 Pelleteri Breeders' Cup Handicap at Fair Grounds.
James & Dennis Richard's Bonapaw, winner of last Saturday's Vosburgh Handicap (gr. I) at Belmont Park, returned to the more familiar environs at Arlington Park Thursday to prepare for the NAPA Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) to be held at Arlington Oct. 26.
Norman Miller may not be a household name when it comes to horse trainers. But the 47-year-old New Orleans native will have one of his most important opportunities Saturday when he saddles Jimmy and Dennis Richard's Bonapaw in the $300,000 Vosburgh (gr. I) at seven furlongs at Belmont Park.
Bonapaw, who races in the colors of twin brothers-owners Jimmy & Dennis Richard, picked up his second stakes win of the Arlington Park meet when he cruised to a 4 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Arlington Sprint Saturday.
James and Dennis Richard's Bonapaw, who finished sixth behind Caller One in the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I), makes his stateside return in a command performance in the $150,000 Iowa Sprint Handicap July 4 as the Iowa Festival of Racing rolls into day two at Prairie Meadows.
By Gary McMillen -- Talking to twins Dennis and Jimmy Richard is like listening to a Cheech and Chong record. They finish each other's sentences. Each seems to know what the other is thinking about. Lately, they have a one-track mind, and that's getting their sprinter Bonapaw to Dubai.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Second Sporting Art Auction in November
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Handicapping a Fantastic Travers Day
- Compound Pharmacy Has Reinforced Standards
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition
- Maryland THA Elects 15 Directors