All eyes will be on Ruidoso Downs' promising new rules to deter cheating. read blog
Dennis Moore, the track superintendent at Santa Anita Park, said Oct. 31 it is "pretty definitive" the Southern California racetrack will get overnight rain.
The newly renovated main track at Santa Anita Park will reopen for training Sept. 2, three weeks before the autumn meet begins.
Santa Anita Park has announced that it's one mile main track will undergo a major renovation beginning July 11 following conclusion of the Southern California facility's first spring stand.
Los Alamitos Race Course has received approval from the California Horse Racing Board to cancel its scheduled live racing programs during the weekend of Jan. 17-19 in order to complete its expansion to a one-mile oval.
Santa Anita Park has announced that trackman Dennis Moore will take over duties as track superintendent effective immediately.
When the fall racing season begins Sept. 12 at Zia Park, fans will be treated to infield upgrades and horses will race over a completely renovated track.
Hollywood Park, capitalizing on the first summer break in training since Cushion Track was installed in 2006, is renovating the synthetic surface with training scheduled to resume at the Track of Lakes and Flowers in early September.
Ruidoso Downs is rebounding 24 hours after being pounded by seven inches of rain from the remnants of Hurricane Dolly.
California horsemen, who have been nearly unanimous in their praise of the new Hollywood surface in recent weeks of training, continued to give Cushion Track a thumbs up after the first day of racing at the fall meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns