Turf writer Don Lee, a fixture on the Nebraska racing circuit for decades, died earlier this month in Omaha at age 82.
More than 1,700 people converged on AKsarben racetrack on May 30-31 when hundreds of items were auctioned, from photographs to grandstand seats.
This weekend in Omaha, Neb., grandstand seats, the jocks' room scale, and images of Triple Crown winner Omaha will be available when items from AKsarben racetrack are sold at auction.
Tony Chamblin, who resigned earlier this year as president of the Association of Racing Commissioners International, has filed lawsuits against two racing commissioners.
Rumor became fact Sunday night when Tony Chamblin, president of the Association of Racing Commissioners International for the past 15 years, announced he would step down, effective July 1. The RCI will form a committee to search for a replacement.
On the eve of its annual convention, the Association of Racing Commissioners International is again faced with a mass exodus that could threaten its viability. As of Thursday, up to 10 jurisdictions had informed the Lexington-based organization they had defected or would withhold dues pending changes at RCI. At issue is president Tony Chamblin's handling of the organization and its finances, in particular a $50,000 check he is said to have written himself last year. In December, Chamblin's salary and benefits package for the remaining two years of his contract was reduced.
The board of directors of the Association of Racing Commissioners International will meet in September to discuss a proposed revision of president Tony Chamblin’s contract, which apparently has become a bone of contention among the membership once again.
Most Popular Stories
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Magic Bay First Winner for Sire Neko Bay
- That Handicapping Show - Woodward Stakes
- LoPresti Not Thinking About Horse of the Year
- Riders Trujillo, Nakatani to Fight for PDJF
- Durkin to be Honored at Saratoga This Weekend