Malibu Stakes (gr. I) winner Shakin It Up answered doubts about his ability around two turns when he overpowered stablemate Govenor Charlie to give trainer Bob Baffert the exacta in Santa Anita Strub Stakes Jan. 18.
Congressmen Andy Barr (R-Ky.) and Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.) have been named co-chairs of the Congressional Horse Caucus in the 113th Congress. They replace Congressmen Dennis Cardoza (D-Cal.) and Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.).
The California Horse Racing Board's equine medical director would be restricted to serving no more than two two-year terms consecutively under a state Assembly bill currently before a legislative committee.
Given a patient ride by David Flores, Shakin It Up rallied between horses to capture the $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 17 at Santa Anita Park, giving trainer Bob Baffert his eighth win in the sprint event.
Dennis Cardoza, who represents the 18th district of California in Congress, has joined the board of directors of the Thoroughbred Owners of California.
Most Popular Stories
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- American Pharoah Schools at Monmouth
- Beshear, Moses to Speak at Round Table
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar