Veteran Jockey Gallyn Mitchell is recuperating from a heart attack suffered Monday, April 22, at his home near Enumclaw, Wash. Mitchell remains at MultiCare Auburn Medical Center.
Jockey Gallyn Mitchell, who was injured in a spill last week at Turf Paradise, hopes resume riding within a couple weeks, according to his wife/agent Denise Mitchell.
For a horse with the name he's been given, Obviously is anything but at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Trainer Mike Mitchell will undergo surgery June 29 to remove a brain tumor that was diagnosed early this week.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets
- Cooperative, Monarch End Simulcast Dispute