A trio of offspring by Australian leading sire Fastnet Rock commanded the top prices at the opening session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 9.
Yearling brings Aust$180,000 ($161,752 in U.S. funds)on auction's second day.
Earlier this year the silks of Denise Martin, a well known, much loved and highly successful buyer and syndicator of racehorses, were made famous with the two group 1 wins by champion 2-year-old Sebring.
One week after his Golden Slipper victory, Sebring wins the Sire's Produce Stakes, the second leg of the 2-year-old Australian Triple Crown. He will contest the one-mile Champagne Stakes May 3 in an attempt to sweep the series.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Progeny of Lemon Drop Kid
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again