California Chrome LLC, which includes majority owners Perry and Denise Martin and Taylor Made Stallions, announced the California Chrome Breeders’ Cup Sweepstakes Oct. 12.
When my wife, Denise, and I decided to get into the horse racing business as owners, we used the same approach taken when entering a cold swimming pool. First, we stuck in a big toe.
As a breeder, how then do we stack the deck heavy? Female family inbreeding (FFI) offers a statistically significant improvement over other techniques for breeding champions.
A trio of offspring by Australian leading sire Fastnet Rock commanded the top prices at the opening session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 9.
Yearling brings Aust$180,000 ($161,752 in U.S. funds)on auction's second day.
Earlier this year the silks of Denise Martin, a well known, much loved and highly successful buyer and syndicator of racehorses, were made famous with the two group 1 wins by champion 2-year-old Sebring.
One week after his Golden Slipper victory, Sebring wins the Sire's Produce Stakes, the second leg of the 2-year-old Australian Triple Crown. He will contest the one-mile Champagne Stakes May 3 in an attempt to sweep the series.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt