The Jockey Club will provide a live video stream Aug. 10 for the 62nd annual "Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing" from Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
The Round Table will provide updates on medication reform efforts in the U.S., a study on equine drug testing and enforcement, an analysis of racing trends and horse inventories, and a report on new fan and owner initiatives.
An international conference on research to improve the health and welfare of jockeys will be held at Monmouth Park in New Jersey Sept. 15-16.
The International Federation of Horse Racing Authorities Advisory Council on Prohibited Substances and representatives of the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium recently met in Lexington during the 75th convention of the Association of Racing Commissioners International and were sponsored by The Jockey Club.
Preliminary results of an ongoing body-weight study of jockeys in Ireland indicate more than half of the riders studied had osteopenia--the presence of less than normal amount of bone--which if not treated may result in osteoporosis.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet