The Jockey Club will provide a live video stream Aug. 10 for the 62nd annual "Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing" from Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
The Round Table will provide updates on medication reform efforts in the U.S., a study on equine drug testing and enforcement, an analysis of racing trends and horse inventories, and a report on new fan and owner initiatives.
An international conference on research to improve the health and welfare of jockeys will be held at Monmouth Park in New Jersey Sept. 15-16.
The International Federation of Horse Racing Authorities Advisory Council on Prohibited Substances and representatives of the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium recently met in Lexington during the 75th convention of the Association of Racing Commissioners International and were sponsored by The Jockey Club.
Preliminary results of an ongoing body-weight study of jockeys in Ireland indicate more than half of the riders studied had osteopenia--the presence of less than normal amount of bone--which if not treated may result in osteoporosis.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest