Lovely Day repelled the strong late charge of Denim and Ruby and landed his first group I win June 28 in the Takarazuka Kinen at Hanshin while overwhelming favorite Gold Ship missed the break and finished next to last.
The barrier draw did nothing to hurt the chances of the already strong home team for the Nov. 30 Japan Cup in association with Longines (Jpn-I) as the European runners drew gates 2 and 18.
Morning training at Meydan on March 27, including Military Attack (White #7), Sterling City (Gold #10), Mull of Killough (Blue #9), Jamesie (Gold #4), Elleval (Blue #4), and Denim and Ruby (Green #4). Watch Video
In an exhilarating finish to the 33rd renewal of the Japan Cup (Jpn-I), filly Gentildonna nosed out another filly, Denim and Ruby, Nov. 24 at Tokyo Race Course to become the first to win the prestigious event twice.
Meisho Mambo wore down tiring front-runner Sekisho with a ground-gobbling outside rally and captured the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I), the final jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies, Oct. 13 at Kyoto.
Coming in off a dismal effort in the Oka Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese One Thousand Guineas) last month, lightly regarded Meisho Mambo emphatically rebounded to win the Yushun Himba (Jpn-I, Japanese Oaks) May 19 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Jockey Hill Guides in 1,000th Winner
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another