A decision on whether to finally retire the classy 8-year-old Redattore certainly became easier for owner Luis Alfredo Tuanay after the Brazilian-bred horse stormed to a two-length victory in the $150,000 San Gabriel Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf Sunday.
One of the nation's premier turf horses returns to action Sunday when Brazilian-bred Redattore carries high weight of 122 pounds in the $150,000 San Gabriel Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park.
Jockey Victor Espinoza has been suspended for three days due to the disqualification of his mount, Denied, in Monday's seventh race at Del Mar. The suspension covers Aug. 25, 27 and 28.
Turnberry Isle will be looking to recapture his European form when he faces off against Millennium Wind in the grade III, $100,000 Santa Catalina Stakes Sunday. The Santa Catalina is the first major prep race for aspiring 3-year-olds on the road leading into the $750,000 Santa Anita Derby. Turnberry Isle and Millennium Wind will break alongside each other as they have drawn post positions No. 5 and No. 6 respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas