Trainer Bobby Frankel's domination of the Matriarch (gr. IT) is bordering on the ridiculous. His Intercontinental and Etoile Montante not only ran first and second in the $500,000 mile turf event Sunday iat Hollywood Park, but the winner is a half-sister to last year's winner Heat Haze.
The favorites flopped in an unexpectedly strong rainstorm affecting the Prix Morny-Casinos Barriere (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds at Deauville Sunday, and 26-1 shot Whipper took advantage to score a two-length victory over the 5-2 public choice Much Faster.
The Niarchos Family's filly Denebola, ridden by Thierry Thulliez for trainer Pascal Bary, rallied for a half-length in Saturday's Prix de Caboug (Fr-III) for 2-year-olds at Deauville.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies