Trainer Bobby Frankel's domination of the Matriarch (gr. IT) is bordering on the ridiculous. His Intercontinental and Etoile Montante not only ran first and second in the $500,000 mile turf event Sunday iat Hollywood Park, but the winner is a half-sister to last year's winner Heat Haze.
The favorites flopped in an unexpectedly strong rainstorm affecting the Prix Morny-Casinos Barriere (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds at Deauville Sunday, and 26-1 shot Whipper took advantage to score a two-length victory over the 5-2 public choice Much Faster.
The Niarchos Family's filly Denebola, ridden by Thierry Thulliez for trainer Pascal Bary, rallied for a half-length in Saturday's Prix de Caboug (Fr-III) for 2-year-olds at Deauville.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding